Monday, September 29, 2008

My Hero


My boyfriend witnessed an accident and pulled 2 old people from a burning car last Thursday. On highway 1, here in Californina, there are parts where all of a sudden you have a stoplight so you have to slow down from highway speeds if the light is red. There's one particular stoplight that is right after a bend in the highway so, as you turn, you have to slow down, see what color the light is, and then either stop or keep going. The guy in front of my boyfriend didn't slow down and he just had to watch as the guy going 65 MPH ran the red light and slammed into the couple going turning left. Now.... this is why I love him even more. I have seen people witness accidents and drive off without stopping. I have seen people step over people who have tripped and fell on the sidewalk. How people can do those things is unbelieveable to me. But my love pulled his car over to safe area and helped. My love saw the hood of the car spewing flames and didn't hesitate to get the people out to a safe place. He didn't pass them hoping the next person would help because he had to be at work, he knew that they needed to get out of that car so that's what he did. I held him especially tight that night, feeling so lucky that I have a man who is kind and awake enough to save the lives of strangers.

No comments: