Thursday, January 07, 2010

Letting go...

I ran into Michael about a week ago. All the lame small talk happened, and I left in a hurry. But it left me shaken and upset. I realized I am still holding onto the anger and hurt from the breakup. I know this is getting in the way of me moving on with a clean slate. I still had the promise ring that he gave me in my jewelery box. Every time I would see it, I would get this twinge of pain. I knew I wanted to get rid of it. It is a beautiful ring that I loved very much. It serves no purpose now and I know Michael is out of my life for good.

In my town, there is a national park called Montana De Oro that has an incredible beach. I go there often, and it was also a place where Michael and I spent a lot of time. I taped a note to the ring that expressed all the hurt and anger I wanted to let go of. I asked the ocean to take this ring and all that is attached to it and create something beautiful. I recorded all of this and want to post it on here. Don't mind my blinding white feet... good lord I am pale. Also, I am crying during this video, it was truly a moment that meant very much to me. The wave at the end was huge, and almost took me down... I think that was meant to be. The ring was swept up and no longer in my life.

No comments: